Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Great Impressions / Lizzy

Hi friends. Joan , here today, with the Wednesday Great Impressions blog. I am half way though my March Guest Designer monthly spot and I had such a hard time narrowing down which image I would use for today's card.  Have you checked out the Great Impressions online store
Well, it was there, that I found Lizzy.
When I first saw this stamp, I thought of all the occasions that I could use her.  Valentines, Birthday, Get Well, Mother's Day, well, you get the idea. 

My image is Great Impressions Lizzy J109.
The sentiment is preprinted from a My Mind's Eye older calendar kit.
My card  measures 5 x 6 1/2.  I used My Minds Eye Lavender 6x6 paper pad for this project.
I started by choosing a patterned piece for Lizzy's dress. The yellow was girly and delicate.
I stamped her image  on white cardstock twice (one for the whole image and one for the arm and flower) and once on the yellow to paper pieced the dress. Lizzy is fussy cut out and popped up. I colored her with my Copic and Spectrum Noir markers.
The clouds are a die from My Favorite Things.
I did some stitching around the panels. Use a Stampin Up die to cut the eyelet trim and topped it off with a dark red ribbon.
Hope you have enjoyed seeing Lizzy in yellow today. I know that this stamp will see a lot of ink in the future. Who knows,  next time I may just color her dress with markers.


Have you have had time to make a card or project for the Monthly Challenge "Going Green/ Recycle"?  There is still plenty of time to submit your card.

Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

6 comments :

Jenny said...

Your card reminds me of a windy Spring day Joan. Very soft and pretty.

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty Joan-love this sweet image with her hair blowing in the wind-you complemented her nicely with your cardstock and clouds

Patti J said...

OMG, Joan, this is adorable! So sweet...thanks for sharing :)

Sue from Oregon said...

This is delightful Joan-lovely use of the pretty papers and sweet scene!

Cathy A said...

Lovely colouring Joan and a wonderful mix of patterned papers

Katy said...

Oh I love this card! The papers and Lizzy go so well together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...