Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, March 1, 2013

A Scrapbook Layout

Happy Friday and the first day of March. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Great Impressions Stamps Blog. It's cold and snowy here in Pittsburgh today but the good news is that spring is only 19 days away. I am looking forward to some warmer weather for sure.

I moved myself out of my comfort zone again this week. When I saw the GI Stamp "polka dot apron G354" and "cooking like love G355", I knew I was going to create a  12 x 12 layout. My 2yr old granddaughter was here for Christmas and we made gingerbread cookies together.

I also bought her an apron to wear (her first) and she loved it. In fact, she kept it on until bed time that night. Hence my title for the page is "our aprons".  The polka dot apron stamp was so perfect for this layout.  I colored the apron image with prismacolor pencils and gamsol.



(touch photo to enlarge)
 I stamped the "cooking is like love" sentiment in melon mambo ink. I placed it near the photo of her decorating the cookies because she really did it with great abandon. Again another GI stamp that was so perfect for my layout. 




(touch photo to enlarge)
  I love it that you can use Great Impressions Stamps to help decorate a layout as well as other embellishments. On my layout I added some buttons and a dimensional sticker that I had in my stash.


Well that's it for me today. Don't forget that we are having a bunny blog hop on March 5. Come back her to get the blog list.

We will be celebrating all things Spring and there are prizes to be won. And Sunday, March 3 we will have a new monthly challenge as well. Lots of fun planned.

See you next Friday.

Mary Marsh

3 comments :

Jenny said...

What special memories you created Mary with this wonderful layout! I love how she is digging in the frosting (lol!) The Apron stamp really is a great choice for this "yummy" layout.

Joan V said...

Mary, what a fantastic layout page to document a special time with your granddaughter. I love that apron stamp and it made such a great embellishment to your page. Thanks for sharing.

Sue from Oregon said...

Sweet as can be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...